Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last Finish of 2007!

Hello everyone! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas.
I've not been stitching very much lately...been busy helping mom with her Christmas shopping and getting all set for her trip to the beach to celebrate New Year's eve. But I do have a little finish to show you, my last finish of 2007. It's a freebie by San-Man Originals called Magic Hat, I started stitching it 2 over 2 but my "X" with white floss looked kind of messy so I decided to stitch it 1 over 2 instead. The snowman's eyes where originally his eyebrows, but to me his face looks cuter this way; I think the French knots that where charted for his eyes would look to crowded in that tiny space between his carrot nose and this eyebrows.. so I left it like that.
Hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays...I'll try to catch up with my blog reading as I'm on vacations until January 7th .

Hola a todos! Espero hayan pasado una linda Navidad!
No he bordado mucho últimamente pues he estado acompañando a mamá con sus compras de Navidad y luego con más compras para su viaje a la playa para esperar el Año Nuevo. Pero ocupada y todo tengo un último bordado que enseñarles este año, es un gráfico gratis de San-Man Originals llamado Magic Hat (o Sombrero Mágico), lo he bordado 1 sobre 2 pues al bordar con hilo blanco 2x2 las X se ven muy disparejas. Lo que ven ahora como los ojos del muñeco de nieve eran originalment sus cejas, pero me parecia que hacer nudos franceses para sus ojos en ese pequeño espacio entre la nariz y las cejas se iba a ver muy apretado así que lo deje así nomás aparte me parece que su cara se ve más dulce así.
Bueno espero que esten disfrutando los Fiestas...yo voy a tratar de ponerme al día en los blogs que tengo por leer ya que estoy de vacaciones hasta el 7 de enero .

Design: Magic Hat by San-Man Originals (freebie)
Stitched on 32ct Rainbow Sparkle Lugana - Silkweaver with DMC (1 over 2)
Stitch count: 78h x 68w
Started: 16. December. 2007
Finished: 29.December.2007

14 comentarios:

Marika said...

MAgic hat looks so lovely ! Snowman´s eyes are cute like that !! I know what you mean with messy white thread ! Sometimes I don´t either can stitch it neat enough.
BTW do you usually write same things in Spanish as in English ? I try to practise my Spanish by reading your Spanish part

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Carla that is just soooooo cute its gorgeous. Congrats on your HD, have a great Holiday and have a great New year. Hope 2008 is a good one for you.

Hugs xxxx

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is SO darling!!! Super job ;)

Anita said...

This is very cute. Have a happy new year.

Anonymous said...

Your snowman is adorable. Happy New Year to you!

Stitchingranny said...

Oh he is just too cute, what a lovely finish for the end of the year.

I wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year and thank you for all the kind comments you have left on my blog throughout the last year.

Dawn T. said...

The snowman is so cute!

Happy New Year:)

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

This is a very cute desing!! Happy New year for both of you. Hope 2008 brings a lot of great things, success and happiness for you and your family :)

Lana said...

Very cute!

Becky K in OK said...

What a cute way to end 2007. I like your idea of setting monthly goals instead of a yearly one. I might be able to accomplish that! Happy New Year to you.

Carol said...

Happy New Year Carla! Oooo, I love your little snowman! And thanks again for putting it in the Freebie Gallery too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Awww your last finish is just adorable!

Marica said...

hello carla!!!!
your snowman is simply lovely :)
I like this design so much and I would like to know where did you find it. You wrote that it's a freebie by San-Man Original, I searched for it on their website, but nothing. Can you help me?
I'm writing from Italy, do not hesitate to contact me on my blog http:/lecrocettediricama1983.blogspot.com

best wishes
Marica

Marica said...

hi carla,
thanks for your reply on my blog...

I tried to enter Sanman's board, but I didn't succeed. :(

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio