Friday, July 18, 2008

Back On the Road Again is finished!!!


Last night I finally got the blue thread I needed to finish this project. I can't believe it took me six month to finish it...six!!! Well I guess the important thing is that it's finished and that I can start a new project ;) At one point I lost interest and got distracted with other things...but now that it's finished I think it's really cute and love all the bright colors and the cute snowmen :) I think I'm going to finish it as a pillow, as my sister Carol suggested me, but that will have to wait a little bit as I have to find the right fabric for it.

This weekend I'll be working on L*K "Living with Charm" , I'll show you my progress on Monday...enjoy your weekend!!


Anoche por fin me llego el hilo azul que necesitaba para completar este proyecto. No puedo creer que me haya tomado seis meses en terminarlo...seis!!! Pero bueno, lo importante es que ya lo termine y puedo empezar un nuevo proyecto ;) Hubo un momento en que perdí interés en el y además me distraje con otras labores...pero ahora que ya lo termine ha vuelto el encanto y me fascina lo colorido del diseño y los tiernos hombres de nieve :) Creo que lo voy a terminar como un cojín, como me lo sugirió mi hermana Carol pero eso sera mas adelante ya que tengo que encontrar la tela adecuada.

Este fin de semana espero avanzar un poco "Living with Charm" de L*K, si es así les mostrare mi avance el lunes...feliz fin de semana!





Design: Back on the Road Again by Helga Mandl and Barbara Ana
Stitched on 32ct Unknown Lugana with DMC threads
Stitch count: 121h x 142w
Started: 19. January. 2008
Finished: 17. July. 2008


29 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a beautiful cheerful finish!!

Chiloe said...

Esta muy muy bonito !!! Me gusta tambien las colores vivas. Ahora quiero saber cual nuevo proyecto vas a escoger !!!

Cathy said...

Looks great! Congratulations on a finish.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish. I love the colours.

lena-lou said...

How colourful and nice :-)) Fab finish !!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so cute!! Congratulations on finishing. :o)

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

Congrats on finishing it!! It's a very cute and colorful deign :)

Dawn T. said...

It looks wonderful! I can't wait to see it finished.:)

Ranae said...

Congrats! It looks colorfully fabulous

Marika said...

Congratulations !!! It looks so cute and cheerful.

Anonymous said...

That is so colorful. I love it

Sue said...

Congratulations on a great finish ;)

Jenn said...

What a cute piece! Congratulations on the finish.

staci said...

Congrats! It's so cute and cheerful!

Love your fobs too :)

Crazee4books said...

Hi Carla,

Congratulations on a beautiful
finish. I wasn't too sure about
this design when I first saw it.
A little too busy and disjointed
perhaps? But seeing your
finished piece I have to admit
it's cute, and it's got wonderful
colours, and you can't stop
looking at it, to try and see
all the details.

In short....it's fantastic!!

Cheers!

Carol R said...

Great finish on a cute design

Dani - tkdchick said...

What fun colours! Congrats on your finish!

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations on such a cute finish--I love the bright colors!

Hazel said...

Congrats on the finish Carla!!

Srinity said...

Lovely colours! I have just found Barbara Ana's Designs and I love the colourfull charts. This one is really great!

Stitchingranny said...

Sorry I am just so behind with reading blogs. Congratulations Carla this is a really unusual and fun design.

Giovi's Creations said...

Simplemente precioso Carla... Me ha super encantado. No dejaré de decirte que tu acabado es muy bueno. Debes estar feliz...cada vez que una termina con un nuevo reto, es todo un triunfo ¿no?

Anonymous said...

I missed this post last time I visited your blog... congrats on the finish! This is very cute!

I gave you an award on my blog today :)

nela said...

fELICIDADES ESTA MUY BELLO... QUE HERMOSO QUEDO...

Anonymous said...

¡Qué satisfacción, terminar un proyecto que lleva tiempo empezado!

Y además es graciosísimo. Seguro que como cojín va a quedar genial, estoy deseando verlo.

besitos

Anonymous said...

Molto bello e colorato questo schema.
Elena

Sharon said...

Great finish! Congrats.

Ana said...

Desde la primera puntada que enseñaste de este proyecto en el blog me quedé fascinada, fue una pena que no pudiera participar en la realización de este proyecto, las moderadoras del grupo no me dejaron forman parte de él porque no hablo inglés.... bueno que le vamos a hacer, habrá que aprender algo de inglés ;))) Te quedó muy bonito Carla!

Besos

Ana

Karyne said...

Muy muy bello!!! Aparte que me encanta el contraste de los hilos con la tela que escogiste!!!! Te felicito corazón!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio