Friday, July 11, 2008

Scissor fob swap

Last month there was a scissor fob swap in a yahoo group I belong to. My partner was Jana C. (no blog) and this is what I made for her. The design is a freebie I found online and it's stitched over one with DMC 4210 and added some beads to the edge. On the back I stitched Jana's initial again using an alphabet freebie I found online. When I showed this to mom she asked if my partners name was ... and began to say name that started with F, and I was like "mmmm no, that's a J!!!" And she began to turn it around and then said "oh, yes I can see it now!"...but I think she was not convinced It does look like a "J", right?

El mes pasado hubo un intercambio de "scissor fob" en un grupo de yahoo al que pertenezco. Mi compañera de intercambio fue JanaC. (no blog) y esto es lo que hice para ella. El diseño es un grafico gratuito que encontre en internet; esta bordado con hilo DMC4210 uno sobre uno y le añadi mostacillas alrededor del fob. En la parte trasera puse la inicial de Jana usando un alfabeto gratuito. Cuando se lo mostre a mama ella me pregunto si el nombre de mi compañera era ... y comenzo a decirme nombres que empezaban con F y le dije "mmmm nop! es una J!!!" , entonces comenzo a darle vueltas y verlo de distintos angulos y finalmente me dijo "ah, claro ahora si la veo!"...pero la verdad creo que no estaba muy convencida Si parece una "J", no?



Design: Freebie from Tantes Zolder ( My Aunt's Attic)
Stitched on: 28ct Antique White Lugana with DMC 4210 (over one)
Stitch count: 65h x 65w
Started: 16. June. 2008
Finished: 21. June. 2008


And here is what Jana sent me, not one but TWO beaded scissor fobs!!! Both so beautiful, I love them!! :)

Y aca les muestro lo que me envio Jana, no uno sino DOS scissor fobs!!! Ambos super lindos, me encantan!!! :)

21 comentarios:

Sonia said...

que regalos mas bonitos... me encantan!!! y yo si que veo una J
besotes estan preciosos

Hazel said...

I saw this on the freebie blog. Love it. Loving the red!!

Carol said...

Oh, I love the fob you made!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the fob is so pretty!! So are the scissor fobs. Great exchange!

Sharon said...

It's lovely! Great color.

Jenn said...

Verr Pretty! I love the color you used.

Ranae said...

The FOB swap is awesome on both ends. I too love that colour.
Happy Stitching!!

Olga said...

The fob stitched over one is gorgeous! I like the beaded edge you made.

Carol said...

Yo lo vi en vivo y en directo y si parecia una J
:D

Kate said...

Beautiful gift! I think it looks kinda like an F, but I'm sure Jana will know it's a J.

nela said...

Esta hermoso.. y a mi me parece J.. besos

Wendy said...

Wonderful exchange! And it does look more like a J, than an F!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Totally gorgeous fob and yes I can see the "J" :)
And the beaded fobs she sent you are very pretty!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Carla,

Very nice exchange you and Jana
did together. Your scissor fob
turned out beautifully. I love
that shade of red, and the design
is so lovely. Tantes Zolder is
an incredible site for free and
wonderful designs, isn't it.
And don't worry, that initial
does look like a J to me. Really!

Cheers!

Dawn T. said...

Stunning fob you made!

Anonymous said...

It's does look like a J :-). All beautiful items. Ann

Anonymous said...

I love your stitched fob but I do love those that you received too. Do you need those both? LOL.

Giovi's Creations said...

El fob te ha quedado precioso Carla, como siempre, tu acabado es impecable. Y tu J por supuesto que es una J!

Marika said...

Stitched fob is so beautiful ! I just love those patterns !! You are such a diligent girl with your exchanges !!

Susimac said...

Your fobs both sent and received are really lovely.

Karyne said...

Pues están muy bellos, tanto el tuyo como lo que te enviaron!!! Y yo si veo la j... jiji Un beso

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio