Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sarah Kay - two pair of shoes

When I was little I was a big fan of Sarah Kay, so when a design came out on the Cross Stitcher magazine (issue 185) I decided I had to stitch it. I actually started it on April but I kind of lost interest in it for a while. I'm stitching it on 14ct Whithe Aida, at first I didn't like how it was looking...the crosses seemed to big but now that I've done a little bit of backstitch I think the shoes look so cute and I'm enjoying working on it again.

Cuando era pequeña los diseños de Sara Kay me encantaban, por eso cuando vi un diseño de estas niñitas en la revista Cross Stitcher (#185) decidí bordarlas. Las comencé en abril, pero luego perdí un poco el interés en ellas. Estoy bordando sobre Aida 14ct, al comienzo no me gustaba como me estaba quedando, las cruces me parecían enormes pero ahora que he realizado un poco el delineado del diseño me gustan como se ven los zapatitos y estoy nuevamente disfrutando trabajar en él.

For those who asked about how I planned to finish Opalescent Heart, I think I'll finish it as a pinkeep. I wanted to do the finishing this weekend but I didn't have all the materials I needed and was to lazy to go out and buy them so I'll do the finishing some other time...maybe next weekend :)

Para Alma Verónica y Nela que preguntaron cómo planeaba terminar este diseño, pues decidí terminarlo como un pinkeep. Mi plan original era hacerlo este fin de semana pero al no tener todo el material necesario y como tenía pereza de salir a comprarlo, el montaje lo dejaré para después.

Thanks for your visit and comments :) !!
Gracias por visitar y comentar en mi blog :) !!

17 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! This Sarah Kay motiv is really cute!
Greetings
Maribel

Anonymous said...

Pretty design!

JOT said...

Very cute design! Lovely stitching.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm not sure who Sarah Kay is...but I think those shoes are cute as buttons!

BeckySC said...

Your progress is looking good, Carla :)

Cheryl said...

Looks lovely so far, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Great start. I was a big fan of Sarah Kay too when I was little :)

Dawn T. said...

Great start! I think the shoes look wonderful:)

nela said...

gracias estare atenta del pinkeep... asi que haora le toco a Sara Kay... bueno ya vendre a ver avance.. asi que adelanteeeeeeeeee

Stitchingranny said...

A lovely start Carla, will look forward to watching it grow. Think the ST design will look great as a pinkeep.

Anonymous said...

Very cute boots!
Can't wait to see the ST pinkeep finish - it will be gorgeous.

Jenn said...

You've made a nice start on the Sarah Piece.

Dawn B. said...

It sure looks good to me so far. Kinda looks like the Presious Moments dolls. Happy stitching and thanks for visiting my blog and comenting on my gift.

Alma_vcg said...

Animo, no dejes que se convierta en un UFO.

Ya regresaré a ver como vas avanzando en este proyecto y claro!, a ver el pinkeep que tienes pendiente de armar.

Unknown said...

Hermoso trabajo!, no te vuelvas a desanimar te esta quedando precioso, llegue de casualidad a tu blog, una hermosa casualidad. Es muy bello al ogual que las cosas que nos muestras. Felicitaciones. Te seguiré visitando. Cariños

Sue said...

The Two Shoes are just too cute! I love your Opalescent Heart, stunning ;)

Bev said...

When i was little i had a hot water bottle that i took to bed every night with the pink Sarah Kay design on it.

brings back memories, oh to be young again lol, cant wait to see more shes looking great!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio