Sunday, February 17, 2008

SBEBB Valentine Exchange for CathyB

Yesterday I received a lovely email from Cathy letting me know she received her Valentine exchange. I made her a pinkeep using a design for this year's Lizzie*Kate series. By the time I stitched it, I didn't have the threads that the chart called for, so I went with my own color conversion based on the photo in the chart, I used DMC939 for the letters and Crescent Colours for the rest ( Eve's Leaves, Weeping Willow, Cherry Tomato and Carrie Berry).

This was my first happy dance of 2008...I'm glad I can finally show it :)

Ayer recibí un lindo email de Cathy, haciendome saber que había recibido el intercambio que le envie por San Valentín. Le hice un pinkeep usando un diseño de la nueva serie anual de Lizzie*Kate. Cuando lo estaba bordando no tenía los hilos que indicaba el gráfico así que hice mi propia conversion basada en la foto del gráfico; usé DMC 939 para las letras y Crescent Colours para el resto (Eve's Leaves, Weeping Willow, Cherry Tomato y Carry Berry).

Este fue mi primera labor terminada del 2008...me alegra que finalmente la pueda mostrar :)




Design: Love (Double Flips 2008) by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on 32 ct R&R Crème Brulee Linen with DMC and Crescent Colours
Stitch count: 41h x 77w
Started: 04. January. 2008
Finished: 07. January.2008


Here's the whole exchange...
Acá todo lo que le envie...





34 comentarios:

Chiloe said...

Que bonito !!! Me gusta mucho los colores !

Alma_vcg said...

Te ha quedado muy bonito, a mi me ha encantado seguro que a tu amiga también.

Saludos

Marika said...

Oh, it´s such a pretty thing !! Your colour conversions turned out very well. It has been so long time since i last time participated in SBEBB exchanges but now I am taking a part in Garden exchange.

Anonymous said...

The pinkeep is stunning, Carla!! You picked beautiful colours!

Stitcher said...

What a wonderful exchange

Carmen said...

que bonito trabajo,te ha quedado muy bello.

Cheryl said...

I love this pinkeep Carla! You did a great job with the finishing and the colours are perfect :)

Mylene said...

You have finished it beautifully! Such lovely colours you've used.

Deanne J said...

Great exchange

BeckySC said...

I love it, Carla! GREAT exchange :)

Katrina said...

What a gorgeous pinkeep! Great exchange :-).

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful piece!!!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

SIMPLY GORGEOUS! I love it top to bottom and front to back!!!

Anita said...

What a great exchange, I just love the pinkeep. Wonderful gifts as well.

Unknown said...

That's beautiful! I love the colors and the fabric you chose!!

Mary said...

What a darling pinkeep! I just love the colors. Great exchange.

XXXdomy said...

Lovely pinkeep ! the colors and the fabric you chose are beautiful. Congratulations !
XXXDomy

Wendy said...

You did a wonderful job on this pinkeep! Its made me look at the L*K series with new eyes!! I had no idea they would look so great stitched on their own.

Sue said...

Beautiful pinkeep. It's just lovely ;)

agus said...

Es un pinkeep precioso, me gusta muchisimo.

Bss, Agus

Dawn T. said...

Oh that is so pretty, Carla!! You did a fantastic job on it:)

caritomenvi said...

Carla
Muy bellos todos los trabajos que has terminado, las telas y los colores me gustan mucho
Felicidades
CaritoM.

Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

molto bello questo pinkeep!!

Sachiko said...

What a great exchange!!So lovely pinkeep!!

Anonymous said...

Your pinkeep is absolutely georgeous.. Loved it. Cherie

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - just gorgeous. The backing fabric is perfect too.
You obviously enjoyed putting this exchange together - it looks terrific :)

Ana said...

Es precioso, te ha quedado muy dulce.
Saludos

Lennu said...

What a beautiful pinkeep!! Everything you've stitched is so pretty, I enjoy reading your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Your pinkeep is so lovely! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It's very inspiring. I got the chart at my LNS last week b/c of your lovely work.

Yuko said...

I saw this pinkeep on the other blog and felt in love with this!
It's sooooooooo pretty, isnt't it?
The fabric you have chosen is perfect for this stitched piece and very beautiful!
Perfect Pinkeep! I love it!

MARIA PILAR DE DIEGO SANCHEZ said...

Te ha quedado sumamente elegante. Enhorabuena.Pilar

Anonymous said...

Carla, the pinkeep is so fantastic! I think I may have to stitch this series now and make them all into pinkeeps! Can you tell me how you made the bow? That is the hardest part for me and yours looks so neat. Is there a tutorial somewhere I can follow? Thanks. You can e-mail me at dhahn@myactv.net.

-- Danielle

Michelle said...

Another beautiful finish! I love the fabric you used on the back. I am in awe of your finishing skills!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio